Monday 7 December 2009

A 22k hot Mini. Ouch!


I’ve been asked to write an article for the New Year issue of Auto Express magazine looking back at the last decade. Can you believe it’s 10 years since the millennium? It’s meant a trip down Memory Lane and one thing struck me. Of the new car brands launched in the UK since 2000 – Chevrolet, Dodge, Hummer and a few others – MINI has been the soaraway success. It’s shifted 1.55million cars worldwide since 2001. Who saw that coming? The lastest new model is a hot one, a John Cooper Works tuned version of the Clubman estate (above). My journalist colleagues reckon it’s pretty good to drive, but I’ll reserve judgement until I get the chance. The thing that sticks out is the price – it’s more than £22k, and that’s before you’ve looked at MINI’s legendary options list. It’s going to have to be exceptional for people to want to shell out that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment