Thursday 22 July 2010

DIY car-building at its finest


Most of us go through a ‘designing the perfect car’ phase, but generally grow out of it as we discover the opposite sex and alcohol. For others it never goes away. Feast your eyes on stunning roadster, loosely based on the Slovakian K1 Attack kit-car but modified by Oliver Ashley, a 26-year-old technical manager at a Merc garage in Bristol. He’s spent 4,000 hours of spare time over the last three years – not to mention around £70k – creating his own machine. It’s appearing at a number of car shows this summer. “I have actually assembled the car four times since starting the project,” said Oliver. “I had an original concept firmly in mind, and the design and specification evolved as I went along by building the car, checking the fit of every new component, dis-assembling, making modifications and so on, until I was happy with every element.” Interior tech includes state-of-the-art audio and DVD equipment, amplifiers, speakers, hard drive navigation and a reversing camera system. It’s all been provided by Clarion.

* No posting on Monday as I’m on a camping holiday, and outdoor bacon butties with my kids takes priority over blogging. And I doubt there’s wifi. See you Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment