Monday 30 August 2010

Subaru saloon is back


Here’s a picture which will make Subaru fans dance with joy – the WRX STi Impreza saloon is set to roar back into showrooms! This is an official picture of the four-door model, which will sell alongside the five-door hatchback from early next year. Is it an admission that moving away from the tried and tested saloon formula – when the Evo X from arch-rival Mitsubishi stuck with it – was a mistake? I’ll hopefully get the chance to ask someone quite important within Subaru at the launch event in France in October. I’m sure they will say both bodystyles, a first for the Impreza range, were always part of the bigger plan. But I’m not sure about that. There’s little information on specs and prices at this stage; I suspect more will come out at the Paris Motor Show, which is at the end of next month. I’ll be there, and I have to say I’m looking forward to it. The drip, drip, drip of information on new models is just starting now and I’ll have more of that in the run-up to the show, which I’ll be reporting from.

No comments:

Post a Comment