Thursday 11 August 2011

My wife's car of the year


It’s awards season in the motoring world, and it seems there’s a new set of gongs being handed out on pretty much a daily basis. I’m not going to burden you will my personal honours – I’m not pretentious enough to think anyone cares that much about my views, and if you read this blog regularly you will know my thoughts on the latest good and bad cars – but I will pay tribute to the VW Golf Cabriolet. It has achieved what most of the test cars that come to and go from my Suffolk driveway fail to do… and that’s get the nod of approval from Mrs Y. I’ve been busy writing at home all week and as it’s school holidays she’s been running around in the Golf – roof up and down – with the kids. There is no greater seal of approval for a new car than her broad smile and the words “I really like that car, what is it?”. Her face turned rather sour when I dropped the bombshell that it was £27,000 and she wouldn’t be getting it for her 40th birthday next year. The good news is I’m off to drive it this morning. If I think she’s right about the Golf Cabriolet I might start sending her on launches…

1 comment:

  1. I've recently had something similar, Richard: my girlfriend really likes the Citroen C3 Picasso, so much so we may start plundering the classifieds.

    Mind you, she also REALLY loved my old Golf long-termer. Which means I must of course start also throwing in some GTIs into the mix. Hey - it's 5dr, available as an auto, comes with iPod compatibility... what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete