Thursday 12 January 2012

Worthy car of the year winner?

The morning after the night before and feeling considerably better than I have on many such occasions following the annual What Car? awards bash. I’ve discovered the solution. Drink less. The biggest night in the UK awards calendar by some distance, it’s a great networking opportunity for a freelancer like me. With more than 1,000 industry people in one room – The Great Hall at The Grosvenor, Park Lane – it’s a not-to-be-missed chance to catch up with old contacts and make some new ones. Taking the top honour was the VW up! city car which has yet to be properly launched in the UK and which I’ve yet to drive. Hoping to get a go in the next few weeks. It means I can’t really say if it’s a deserving winner, but I was surprised to see not a single mention or nomination for the Range Rover Evoque. Perhaps the Land Rover team were as well, given the number of big guns they had wheeled out for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment