Thursday 3 May 2012

My money down the drain...except it's not


I’m abiding by the hosepipe ban. It’s not the end of the world but I’d quite like to get the pressure washer out and blast the patio clean. I haven’t because I’m trying to ‘do my bit’. If only everyone else ‘did their bit’ too, like the water companies and the local council. We’ve had a stack of rain, as predicted, yet many of the roads round my village are flooded. Part of the reason is that all the drains are clogged up with leaves and other crud. I see this when I walk past them on dry days and think it would be nice if someone came and unclogged them occasionally. Perhaps the council or water company, both of whom I pay ridiculous amounts of money to every month. I live in a rural area and there are trees. Leaves fall off trees and clog up drains. This has been happening since time began. So there are large puddles of water everywhere – a friend can’t get to work today because the A12 is shut because of flooding – yet it can’t get into the drains where could be collected. If it did we wouldn’t needn’t a bloody hosepipe ban and I could clean my patio (I realise how ridiculous the last sentence sounds but you get my point).

No comments:

Post a Comment