Monday 22 July 2013

MINI Camper Van


I know it doesn’t look it but I’m working hard in this photo. Or at least I had been. I’d just transformed a MINI Clubvan into a MINI Camper Van, which took a good five minutes even with instruction and was very tiring. I deserved that beer. Later I actually spent the night in there and very comfortable it was too. MINI put out a press release last week about this vehicle, which is an in-house conversion done for publicity purposes. You can’t actually buy a MINI Camper Van but it would be very easy take out the passenger seat and built a plywood frame to put a mattress on, which is all MINI did. The clever bit and slightly more complicated isthe slide-out kitchenette, complete with two-ring stove, fridge and storage area. When you feel like cleaning up there’s a jerry can of water built into the spare wheel well and an electric pump to get it out. Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment