Monday 11 October 2010

Would you buy a car called Wind?


Spent last Friday test-driving new Renaults around rural Leicestershire, some of which were sporty and some of which weren’t – which was a bit of a disappointment. First, the new Wind convertible (above). At 3.83 metres long it sits between the Twingo and Clio. It’s basically a Twingo convertible, and unfortunately it’s compromised in the way all very small cabrios are. Yes, it’s got the world’s fastest electric roof – only 12 seconds – if that’s important to you. But in my opinion, that’s about it for plus points. Rear visibility is poor, through either the ultra-shallow rear glass or the small door mirrors, and it’s not meant for blokes of my size. I’m 6ft 4ins, which I accept is at the upper end of normality, but I’m no freak. There were a host of other things I didn’t like about it either, including the price. The 1.2-litre 100bhp Dynamique is £16,400. Find an extra £600 and buy an Mazda MX-5. Much better was the Twingo Gordini, It’s cheaper at £14,600, has 133bhp, four seats and a more engaging drive.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your post you done great jobs. Thanks for sharing valuable information.
    UK New Car Prices

    ReplyDelete