Monday 6 February 2012

Driven: Hyundai i40


Why anyone buys a saloon is a bit beyond me. The back end is just so impractical. However, if you insist on having one – or it’s a company car and you don’t have a choice – you could do a lot worse than a Hyundai i40. I’d take the estate over the saloon every time as it’s a smarter looking design and obviously far more versatile, but the four-door model is another excellent vehicle from Hyundai. It’s hard to argue with performance figures of 113g/km and 65.7mpg, which are pretty much class-leading. Prices start at under £17,400 and you get a lot of kit as standard, including alloys, Bluetooth connectivity with voice recognition, leather steering wheel with audio controls, electric heated door mirrors and an electric parking brake with automatic hold function. I’ve nothing against the Ford Mondeo – it’s a great car – but the bottom-of-the-range Edge trim is £500 more than the i40 and doesn’t have half that kit on it. The Mondeo is undoubtedly a better car to drive but there’s not much wrong with the i40. If I was spending my own money, I know what I would be buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment