Monday 19 March 2012

Hurrah for another great transport policy idea...

Fabulous that David Cameron wants everyone but the Government to pick up the bill for improving the UK’s ailing road network. Thrilled that road-tolling is only being considered for new sections of tarmac, rather than existing ones. Overjoyed that the PM picked on the A14 in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk – which runs about a mile from my house and is my only link with the rest of the UK – as an example of somewhere which could benefit from this exciting new proposal. And chuffed that he wants more people to use the trains instead of the roads. I imagine the commuters who stood from Ipswich, a key A14 town, to London Liverpool Street this very morning, and who had paid £75 for a return ticket, will be thrilled at the prospect of more people to share the threadbare aisle carpet with. I was one of them. Cheers David. Another splendidly thought-out policy. It makes me want to emigrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment