Monday 9 July 2012

The best Clio yet


Spent a day in Paris recently with Renault, at a photoshoot of the all-new MkIV Clio. It’s the pictures you can see on the cover of this week’s Auto Express magazine and there’s three pages of words inside written by me. Buying a Clio isn’t something I have ever considered but I have to say this new version is the most appealing yet by some distance. On my cameraphone shot, above, you can just about see the car has a red instrument binnacle, and this is one of the personalisation options that Renault is going to be offering on the supermini. It looks really smart inside, matching the dashboard detail with the same colour inserts on the front and back seats. Renault, which unfortunately chose the recession to try to market some very uninteresting looking new cars, needs this to be a hit. I just hope it drives as good as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment