Thursday 12 July 2012

Okay, it's not about cars today. But...


...why does Norwich have an airport? Why am I sat here in the Costa Coffee franchise – which doesn’t even accept my loyalty card – with less than a dozen other people in the entire departures area? Hang on… just got to pick a bit of tumbleweed out of my cappuccino froth. At Check-in, all but two of the 12 desks are unmanned and the lady at one of those is filing her nails. Why do I have a pay a £10 ‘airport development tax’ before I can get to my plane? Yes, that’s right, no payment, no departure. Why is long-term parking £25 a day? That’s more expensive that any airport I’ve been in for years. Clearly this place has to take so much money off punters just to survive as a business, because it's got so few paying customers. Check out the picture of Security. No headline-grabbing queues to get into the country here. Yes, that's right. Because this is 'Norwich International Airport'. All the Olympic athletes should come here if they don't want to wait at Heathrow's Immigration. Close Norwich Airport. I promise, no one will notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment