Monday 8 October 2012

Driven: Renault Clio


Writing this in my hotel room after a first drive in the all-new Renault Clio. Got to say I’m pretty impressed from every perspective. Particularly keen on the design, both inside and out. My Flame Red model came with a red dashboard top, plus matching stitching and head restraint detailing. Styling boss Laurens van den Acker and his team have done a proper job on the car, and it bodes which for the future of the brand, which desperately needs this car to be a hit. Too much gloss black in the cabin? Perhaps. I know it isn’t everyone’s idea of premium, but it does look good in here. Not sure how it will wear over the time; there’s a school of thought which says it gets scratched very quickly. The 1.5-litre 90bhp diesel – the only model I’ve driven so far – is responsive and nicely weighted through the corners. It’s not particularly sporty, but it’s easy to drive and has a engaging charm which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment