Monday 15 October 2012

Fearless Felix


No cars today, just me adding to the deluge of praise for Felix Baumgartner. Watching his jump live online and following comments on Twitter from people doing the same, I don’t think I’ve been so excited by a feat of human endurance in years. He’s got balls of steel and when he started spinning and tumbling over and over I wasn’t convinced it was going to end well. But hats off to him and his experience, he nailed it. Someone tweeted that it was our generation’s equivalent of watching man land on the moon, which seems a bit strong to me. But another comment was about how a global audience can now watch an event on the internet, which I do agree with, and also how that audience can comment and interact together via Twitter to become a community. A truly memorable hour of TV… but not on the TV. In other news, I’m heading to Japan later today for some Nissan-based fun. More on that later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment