Thursday 13 December 2012

And now, the end is near...


Bar a trip to London on Monday for a meeting, that’s me done for 2012. Still plenty of work to take me through to next Friday, just doing it from the office. Lord knows how many miles I’ve racked up but I’m pretty sure 11 flights in 33 days during October / November was a new record for intensive air travel. Highlights of the year? The launch of the all-new Range Rover in Morocco was pretty impressive, and I enjoyed my trip to the New York Motor Show, an event I’ve not been to for a long time and a city I love to spend time in. Last week’s Dacia event was a revelation, and I’m sure the company is going to do well with its value-for-money offering. The feature I enjoyed writing most – or at least the one that sticks in my mind now – was probably about the appeal of global motorcycle touring. With a wife and children it’s totally impractical for me, but the idea of disappearing over the horizon to explore the world for up to a year puts a smile on my face. I’ve recently been reading the books of Mark Beaumont who has done it on a bicycle – that pace actually appeals more than something with an engine. Anyway, I digress. It’s been a pretty good year and I’m still happy and healthy. And it all starts again straight after New Year. I’m heading to Las Vegas on the first Sunday of 2013 to cover the automotive elements of the massive Consumer Electronics Show. I’ll post another couple of blogs next week but then that will be it until Jan. Have a Happy Christmas and thanks for reading. Your support is genuinely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment