Thursday 23 May 2013

Citroen cupholder woes


It’s a long time since I’ve driven a Citroen DS3. It was probably when it was launched, back in 2010. I love the exterior styling and the addition this year of a slide-back canvas roof for open-topped motoring only enhances its appeal, certainly for me. And yet as soon as I got in it, I remembered my two bugbears about the car. Firstly, the seating position doesn’t cater for the taller driver. If I put the seat where I want it the steering wheel is too far away and won’t come any closer. If it set myself up for wheel my legs are cramped. Secondly, there’s no cupholder. Not one. A quick Google search reveals I’m not the only person to moan about this. It’s not the only time Citroen has got this issue wrong. On the C5, the cupholder is there but hidden under the central armrest. You flip the top up to use it, but that then remains vertical so you can’t move your elbow back to actually get at the cup with your left hand. It means you have to reach under your left arm with your right to pick it up. It sounds petty, but a friend of mine crossed the C5 off his list of company car choices for that very reason. When researching his different options at dealerships, he didn’t even drive it off the forecourt because he said for amount of miles he did every year, the cupholder would drive him mad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment