Monday 13 May 2013

You pay your money...


Driving a Dacia Duster at the moment, the reigning Scottish Car of the Year. According to the judges… “the private buyer wants real value for money and the Duster certainly delivers on that score. Our choice may not set radical new standards in any one area, but we believe it’s completely unrivalled in terms of its mix of ability, space, running costs and pricing.” I think that’s true with the last three of those four, but I would argue the point about ability. To me, it feels the last convincing of Dacia’s three products. I think the Sandero and Sandero Stepway offer far more in the way of acceptable performance. My Duster, a 4WD model, feels heavy and lacks poise on the road. It feels sluggish. I appreciate it’s cheap, and you pay your money and you take your choice. But people have been raving about it and I expected more.

No comments:

Post a Comment