Thursday 12 May 2011

French electrics? Clearly still a bit iffy...


I’d like to tell you my back is cured, but sadly it’s not. Even a healthy dose of Diazapam to help my muscles relax doesn’t seem to be helping much. So to the Peugeot 508, which arrived on Monday afternoon. I can’t really offer much in the way of a considered opinion on its merits yet – driving isn’t my strong point at the moment, and walking is something of a struggle if I’m honest – but I can tell you that it seems to be blighted with the same electrical niggles which coloured my last experience of a big Peugeot. I ran a 406 Coupe during my days at Auto Express, the 3.0-litre V6, and thought it an excellent car to drive. However, the orange-on-black display screen at the top of the centre console seemed to have a mind of its own. It flickered persistantly, randomly changed read-outs for no reason and eventually a horizontal section of the pixels died. So I had to smile when I went out in the 508 yesterday to run my son to Cubs to find the date/time read-out (above) had reset itself to midnight on 1 January 2007 and was flashing at me. Not great for a car with less than 1,000 miles on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment