Thursday 9 June 2011

Happy birthday to me


Everyone has perks to their job. Okay, maybe that’s too sweeping a statement. I’m not sure what they would be for the chaps from Anglian Water who have been doing something to the sewers down my road all week. Perhaps it’s the joy of seeing someone else enjoying the perks of their job? Yesterday morning a Porsche 911 Targa 4S arrived on my drive and therefore life is good. I always said I’d have a Porsche before I was 40 – which is today – so technically it’s true. Sadly it will have to go back next week. Reading the spec sheet on the car has made me realise that unless I win the lottery I’m never likely to be a 911 owner. This is £86,000 worth of loveliness, but that’s without the extras. The cream paint job costs £1,805, the cocoa leather interior is another £2,343 and even the floor mats cost £122. All in all, it’s £97,787. That’s more than I’ve ever spent on a car by £92,000 and change. Perhaps by the time I’m 50…

No comments:

Post a Comment