Thursday 2 June 2011

The perfect car for a camping trip


Progress towards my 40th birthday seems to be dogged by ill-health at the moment. Firstly, my back spasmed pretty badly and then I’ve had some sort of stomach bug that’s laid me low for a couple of days. It’s possible I picked it up while camping with the family last weekend, a trip to Derbyshire’s Peak District. I borrowed a Skoda Superb Estate for the journey and it performed admirably. I really don’t understand the badge snobbery that still goes on around Skoda. The Superb Estate is a fantastic load-lugging family vehicle that’s spacious, well specced and well-designed, and great to drive. It has the solid build quality of all VW Group products and at £26k it’s considerably cheaper than many of its ‘big badge’ rivals. I still get the ‘but I couldn’t possibly own it, it’s a Skoda’ mantra from some people, but that’s just short-sighted. It’s the same with Hyundai and Kia; these three companies are doing some of the most interesting products at the moment, really challenging the established volume brands. I would urge you to check them out if you’re in the market for a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment