Thursday 31 January 2013

Ford B-MAX arrives for long-term duties


Just taken delivery of my new long-term test car. I’ll be running Ford’s family-friendly B-MAX compact people carrier for the next three months. I’ll be blogging about it regularly here, and also tweeting some thoughts. You can follow me on Twitter @richyarrow. The car is powered by the critically acclaimed 1.0-litre 100PS EcoBoost engine, and I’ll be interested to see how close I can get to the official combined fuel economy of 55.4mpg. The car is in standard Zetec trim, which means 15-inch alloys, LED daytime running lights, front fog lights, manual air-con and electric windows all round. The only options are metallic paint (£495) and the City Pack, which for £300 adds rear parking sensors – already useful given the excess of cars on my drive at the moment – and power-folding door mirrors. That pushes the on-the-road list price of £16,195 to £16,990. More to follow in the coming weeks…

2 comments:

  1. Cool! This car is not just the typical Ford. It creates a new brand image for Ford. What I really like about this car is the 1.5 meters width you get when you open the door. It’s like revealing the entire interior of the car. Amazing, isn’t it?

    >Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, the door really makes this B-MAX cool! When the doors are open, it seems that the car is inviting you to go inside. You can see how wonderful it is even from a distance. But you can truly see its beauty when you get up close to it. You should discover it yourself! ;)

    Ivo Beutler

    ReplyDelete