Thursday 17 January 2013

I love winter


Cold weather transport chaos in the Yarrow household and we weren’t even off the driveway. Yesterday morning my wife went outside to defrost our Ford Focus and once she’d prized open the driver’s door she couldn’t get it shut again. It would bang against the surround, not latch and irritatingly pop open again by about an inch. Sensibly not risking a one-handed drive to work she got the Jeep Wrangler out of the garage – probably better suited to the conditions – and took that. Putting the Focus in its place, where it was slightly warmer, was enough to thaw out the mechanism and get the door closed. Expecting the worst, I’d already rung the local Ford dealer to see how much a replacement latch would be – £90 for the part, £80 for fitting and then VAT on top, making just over £200. That would have been very, very irritating. Given I got away with it, it's hard to be too annoyed... particularly when I've got this view out of my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment