Thursday 28 February 2013

Potholes, the scandal of our roads...


Spent all day yesterday driving in and around London for a photoshoot. I began in Sidcup, Kent at 6.30am and went round the M25 to get to Weybridge, Surrey. After picking up the car, we headed into the capital to a number of locations, then back to Weybridge to drop the car off. I finally got home to Suffolk just before 9pm. I witnessed every type of driving and have to say I saw some excellent examples of considerate, smart and sensible roadcraft. But then I also saw some absolutely appalling examples of advanced stupidity, thoughtlessness and dangerous behaviour. In short, it was just another day on the UK’s roads. But the one thing that was a constant wherever I went was the shocking state of the tarmac. It’s getting worse and is a scandal. It was summed up as a arrived back into my village. A large pothole in the centre of the carriageway was ‘fixed’ a couple of weeks ago, ie, workmen came along and dumped some loose tarmac in it and patted it down with a machine. Unsurprisingly, this temporary solution has failed and the first bits of it have come loose are now being sprayed across the carriageway as wheels hit them. Unbelievable and a total waste of time, effort and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment