Monday 18 March 2013

Ford B-MAX: update 5


Interesting how different elements of a car appeal to different drivers, and how some elements put people off. We’ve now had the Ford B-MAX for a couple of months and both my wife and I are enjoying its many virtues. Chief amongst them for her is the fuel economy. The trip computer says we’re averaging 40mpg, with my wife saying that it feels like there’s a proper period of time between fill-ups. But she’s not taken to the sliding doors, one of the car’s key selling points, as I thought she might. Her fear, and she admits it’s a pretty irrational one, is that our seven-year-old daughter will somehow trap her leg as front and rear doors come together at roughly the same time when everyone is getting in. And yet in a packed car park on Saturday, I backed into a narrow space that a couple of other drivers had turned down simply because I was confident the kids could get out via the sliding doors (I nearly put my back out but, hey, the kids were okay!). Last Friday night I also appreciated the moulded plastic hook built into the back of the front seats. It was the obvious place to hang the takeaway bag on the way back from the curry house. Why doesn’t every car come with one of those? 

No comments:

Post a Comment