Thursday 7 March 2013

Ford B-MAX: update 4


There’s clearly an issue with the connectivity of my iPhone to the Ford SYNC system. I know this because I’ve a problem with the B-MAX, but it was exactly the same on the second generation Kuga that I drove a couple of weeks ago. Once the phone is paired – which is very easy and happens automatically every time I get in the car – you don’t know that you’re receiving texts. Each SMS message arrives and appears the phone’s screen. However, the audible alert that would normally accompany it stays silent. I assume it’s supposed to sound through the car’s audio system because of the paired status of car and phone, but it doesn’t. Turns out I had three texts during a two-hour drive yesterday – one of which was rather important – and didn’t know about any of them because the phone was in my pocket. Bit annoying. Ford are working on an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment