Thursday 18 April 2013

Driven: Jaguar F-Type


So the embargo has been lifted and I can now tell you what I think of the Jaguar F-Type. If anything beats this my Car of the Year title, I will be genuinely amazed. Driving the two-seater convertible on the empty roads around Pamplona, Northern Spain, is about as much fun as I can ever remember having in a car. The route was sensational and the F-Type more than matched it. Whichever of the three models I drove, it was hugely enjoyable and engaging experience. The car looks stunning, particuarly from the rear end where those horizontal lights pay tribute to the E-Type. It drives exceptionally well; it’s light, agile, responsive, extremely flat through some serious high-speed cornering and makes a fantastic noise. The little snorts as you change up through the gears and the ‘pop, pop, pop’ on the over-run put a stupid grin on my face that never left. Absolutely loved this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment