Friday 5 April 2013

Track driven: Ferrari 458 Italia and Spider


Track driving is something I don’t do regularly, and consequently I’m not very good at it. I’ve done it enough to understand the theory but it’s as much about confidence as anything else. By the time I’ve done half a dozen laps in a car, I’m just finding my feet… and then it’s time to pack in and for some other journalist to occupy the hot seat. And so it was this week as I got the chance to drive a Ferrari 458 Italia and Spider round a completely empty Brands Hatch. Being 6ft 4ins and wearing a helmet meant it wasn’t the most comfy I’ve ever been in a low-slung supercar, but what’s not in doubt is the 458’s impressive performance. It’s spectactularly smooth, lightning fast, wonderfully noisy and very grippy through the corners. Even better, it made me look like I knew what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment