Thursday 11 April 2013

Nicked for speeding. Again.


So I’ve been caught speeding again, the third time in 13 years. Previously it was 36mph in a 30 zone and 57mph in a 50, so with 35mph in a 30 I’ve set a new personal best. That’s the lowest speed they will prosecute in Suffolk, where I got photographed driving the Ford B-MAX. Here is my excuse, and yes, I know it’s a well-worn argument but it doesn’t stop it being right. It was 4.30pm on a Saturday afternoon going through an A-road village. I came round a wide corner and the camera van was sat in the lay-by. He was the only vehicle or pedestrian to be seen. And yet just last week on the A14, there was a boy-racer and three mates in a modified Corsa driving like a complete tool. He was speeding, weaving aggressively around the lanes, undertaking and generally causing everyone else to back off the throttle just in case. Did he get stopped? Will he be on the same Speed Awareness Course as me? I very much doubt it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment