Monday 2 April 2012

The reality of so-called fuel shortages

Couldn’t help but smile when I went to fill up with petrol at my local Sainsburys supermarket yesterday. I’d tried to go on Friday but the queue – caused by motorists fearing a tanker driver strike – was ridiculous. It was made all the more chaotic by the store staff trying to manage the line of cars by blocking off one of the entrances to the forecourt. It meant the only way in was through the actual car park, and needless to say the line of stationary vehicles there was causing tempers to rise because it was blocking all the parked shoppers in. Anyway, I took one look at it and did a three-point turn. I returned yesterday and drove straight on to the forecourt and to a pump. There was one other car on the whole site. Clearly none of the weekend shoppers needed to fill up, presumably because they’d sat in a queue for lord knows how long earlier in the week, completely unnecessarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment