Monday 23 April 2012

So proud of my wife...


Normally try to keep this car-related as hopefully that’s why you read it. Today, a short post on the London Marathon. No, I didn’t do it, although after yesterday it makes me wish I could. Me and jogging don’t get on because of the back trouble I’ve had in the past. No, my amazing wife Emma completed the course in 4hrs 9mins – a stunning achievement for her first ever marathon. So proud of her for that, and the £2,500 she’s raised for charities in memory of two friends who died far too young. A memorable day out for me and the kids, to see her and be seen by her, to help her on her way. Even a cynical hack like me couldn’t help but be moved. So many tens of thousands of people out lining the route, shouting support for people they didn’t know. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment