Wednesday 22 August 2012

Not quite as rusty as I thought...


So last Friday’s ‘rusty rider’ training course was pretty successful. It was as much a photo/video shoot as me actually learning a great deal, slightly delayed when Cambridgeshire’s finest took an unhealthy interest in the snapper hanging out of a car’s open boot at 30mph in order to get some action shots. Before that it was riding round cones in a private car park, and there were plenty of niggling things I was doing wrong – too low revs at slow speeds, not looking where I wanted to go through corners, etc – but it’s nothing that couldn’t be fixed with training if I wanted to ride regularly again.  And my instructor said they’re the common faults he finds with most people coming back to biking after years away. You’ve either forgotten what you were told decades ago, or more likely training techniques have improved and it’s not something that was advised in the first place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment