Thursday 30 August 2012

Driven: Volvo XC60


Is there a finer family vehicle that blends form with function than the Volvo XC60? Its big brother is too large for my liking, but for everyday running around and as a base vehicle for a holiday, I think the XC60 is near-perfect. A particular highlight is the interior, which I think is as smart as any on a mainstream car. I love the minimalism of the dashboard and centre console, the carefully considered design of the buttons. I’ve spent quite a lot of time thinking about cabins recently, for one reason and another. Some new vehicles costing just as much as the XC60 are so far off the design/quality pace that it’s frankly embarrassing. My vehicle for the bank holiday weekend was the D5 AWD, and if the Yarrow family needed a new car – and could afford one – this would be on a very short list of choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment